The NTEA recently published the 2018 Fleet Purchasing Outlook - Report #2311. Based on survey responses from fleet professionals in mid-to high-level management, the Outlook Report analyzes current results and incorporates data from previous research initiatives, with year-to-year comparisons serving as a benchmark.
The Association for the Work Truck Industry’s Report helps to navigate market instability & discover work truck fleet incentives.
The Report findings summarize fleet manager intentions, delivering a status update on:
• Average truck age and replacement cycles
• Macro-level buying tendencies
• Predicted change in 2018 fleet size
• Key factors driving purchase behavior
• Interest in advanced truck technologies and alternative fuels
• Importance of financial purchasing incentives
The Respondent feedback:
• 34 percent: plan to up their vehicle count in 2018 (as compared to 39 percent in 2017)
• 59 percent: exceed normal replacement cycle (a slight shift from the 56 percent recorded in 2017)
• 88 percent: plan to make at least some vehicle acquisitions for 2018 (as compared to the 93 percent recorded last year)
The 2018 Fleet Purchasing Outlook Report is free to NTEA members in print / hard copy and digital / pdf formats (access downloadable report - member login required). Nonmembers can purchase the report in either format.
Find out more about the 2018 FLEET PURCHASING OUTLOOK REPORT here:
Don’t miss out the Work Truck Show next year,
GET WTS19 REGISTRATION INFORMATION here:
The National Truck Equipment Association (NTEA) was established in 1964 and currently represents more than 1,950 companies that manufacture, distribute, install, sell and repair commercial trucks, truck bodies, truck equipment, trailers & accessories which also includes buyers. The Association provides in-depth technical information, education, member programs & services, produces the WTS, Green Truck Summit and Fleet Technical Congress.