Amazon.com Inc. has been involved in the role of the transportation and logistics industry for over two years. Now, the e-commerce giant began to directly broker freight to truck drivers, rather than solely rely upon third-party companies, Transport Topics has learned.
Although a small portion of the e- commerce large transportation footprint, you can see that Amazon wants to be a contender in the transportation & logistics industry and create their own parcel network. They are beginning to provide transportation and logistics services to themselves. They will definitely be a competitor to their rivals.
Amazon’s Key Points:
• January 2016 ~ Amazon Logistics - becomes its own nonvessel operating common carrier & freight forwarder
• March 2017 ~ Amazon Logistics - registered with DAT Solutions (a load board operator)
• August 2017 ~ Amazon Logistics - first acted as its own freight broker
• Transcredit gives Amazon Logistics a credit score of 76 / 100-point scale
• Dun & Bradstreet Paydex lists the credit score as 80 (low risk)
Typically when a smaller independent carrier has opportunity to move freight just like a prominent one, it’s a win for them. One of the primary benefits of TBS Factoring Service in Oklahoma City, is that they provide the ability to do just that and get paid.
Looking ahead, we can see the possibility of ~ When you order something, there will be less chance it did not arrive from a country because of - the typical standard package carriers not handling it correctly.